Sunday, November 9, 2008

Beware of snake oil salesmen!

Analysts at the US investment bank Morgan Stanley are recommending that clients start to buy shares again after more than a year of falling markets, claiming that the bear market has ended.

"We have now come full circle: our market timing indicators are giving us a full house buy signal," said the statement. "Each of the four indicators – valuation, capitulation, risk, fundamentals – tells us to buy."

First of all let me clarify that they are exclusively talking about the UK markets here. But never the less it's pertinent to the point I want to drive home. My only question to these so call anal-ysts is that if they are so clairvoyant then why could they not save their own company from going down the drain?

I would refrain from commenting on specific snake oil salesmen such as of the Cramer kind. It would require individual posts to outline the irresponsible calls made by each of them.

As I am typing this I see that the futures are up big. The reason for this moronic rise is a news out of China about a $586 billion stimulus package. We will see if the rally sticks this time. Till this very moment I have no reason to believe that it will.

No comments: